Reviews with Joey V  

Posted in , ,

Okay, so I am going to go ahead and review a couple albums. There, I warned you, so if you continue to read, you read at your own risk!!

I got two new albums yesterday. The first one happens to be the new Caedmons Call album, Overdressed. I used to be a huge Caedmons Call fan and have all their old music. A couple of yeasrs ago, however, they lost one of their best members in Derek Webb, and really never did a whole lot worth my ear or money after that point. Derek did go out on his own and with the aid of his wife, Sandra McCracken (incredible singer/songwriter) put out several albums that just got better and better as they came. While Derek was enjoying success and actually making music that challenged people, there was Caedmons Call, out on a limb, writing snoozer music with 1,4, and 5 chords. Well, they finally got wise, and not only asked Derek to come and help on their latest album, but they also asked his wife to come and help as well. GOOD IDEA, I thought. Well, I listened through the album last night in my car, and oddly enough, I was not very impressed. There were about 4 songs that I really enjoyed, and guess what, 3 of those 4 were written by Derek and Sandra. Go figure!! Anyway, you can go buy the album if you like, but I would suggest spending $4 on itunes for the 4 good tracks on the album
1.Trouble
6.Share the Blame
10.All accross the western world
4.Expectations

Review #2....you know what...this one is so important, I am going to put it in a seperate post so people don't miss it.

This entry was posted at 5:09 AM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics